DEPARTMENT: Social Development
BRANCH: Migration, Displaced Persons and Children Programmes
DESIGNATION: Children Care Officer
REMUNERATION: R22 993,05 pm (basic salary, excluding benefits)
LOCATION: Region C and Region F
• Matric plus a Bachelor of Education at NQF level 7, specializing in ECD Foundation Phase will be an added advantage;
• 1 – 3 years of working experience in the development and implementation of programmes for children between the ages of 0 – 18. This should include working on Early Childhood Development Programmes and with ECD Practitioners, as well as working with NGOs working with children as well as NGO organisations in implementing programmes for children. The programmes should have an educational, as well as life skills element;
- Basic knowledge of Children’s Programmes;
- Early Childhood Development Forums, relations management;
- Must have a valid driver’s licence (Code EB or CI).
Facilitate planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the Children Service:
Social Development programmes/projects within the community, disseminating
information, advising the community on Children’s Service Developmental and support
Key Performance Areas:
- Execute and oversee all administration processes and actions;
- Execute, coordinate and provide support in terms of rolling out and running of programmes and projects;
- Facilitate, execute and coordinate educational training programmes and initiatives;
- Liaise and communicate with all relevant service providers and stakeholders;
- Investigate, assess and refer complaints;
- Monitoring, evaluation and stakeholder management.
- Computer literacy (MS Office);
- Good communication skills (oral and written);
- Networking skills;
- Active listening.
- Basic knowledge of Children’s Services programmes mainstreaming;
- Early Childhood Development Forums relations management.
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will be considered. The City of
Johannesburg applies the principles of employment equity as per National legislation and policy
guidelines and will consider designated groups in line with these requirements.
Please take note that only online applications will be considered.
Please apply by using the following link below:
APPLY ONLINE VIA: www.joburg.org.za
Contact Person: Refilwe Mokgako
Tel No: 011 407 7472
Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of appointment/response is received within six (6) weeks of the closing date, they must accept that their application was
unsuccessful. By submitting your application for a position at the City of Johannesburg, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used
for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection and related process.