Career Opportunities : Contact Centre Service Agent (x250)
Position Reports to: Operational Manager: Contact Centre
Division: Digital Channels
Location: Gauteng South (Alberton x62), Gauteng North (Doringkloof x61), Western Cape (Bellville x67) and KZN (Durban x60)
Closing Date: 17th January 2022
Looking for a job to challenge your excellent customer service skills? Look no further…
Our mission is to set an inspirational vision to build “a smart modern SARS, with unquestionable integrity, trusted and admired”. It sets out a clear Strategic Intent “to follow the internationally recognized approach of Voluntary Compliance”, and further translates this intent into nine clear strategic objectives. As our customer contact centre agent, you’ll be tasked with the most important job at our company—customer satisfaction. You will be responsible for creating experiences for taxpayers and traders that have a direct impact in fostering sustainable economic growth and social development that serves the wellbeing of all South Africans.
We are on the lookout for vibrant, energetic and driven individuals to join our contact centre team who makes customer happiness their mission in life and creating awesome moments their specialty. You will join our current teams in Bellville – Cape Town, Durban – KZN, Doringkloof – Centurion or Alberton – Johannesburg. With your expertise, help ensure that each taxpayer who deals with us has an exceptional experience. As a Service Agent, you will work in a friendly team environment and have to be willing to go the extra mile. You will also have the opportunity to teach taxpayers online skills like using the SARS website, EFiling and troubleshoot practical process and system issues. The best part of this job is that you get to interact with taxpayers from all lifestyles and ensure you make South Africa great.
Education and Experience:
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- To identify patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related and to identify key or underlying issues in complex situation
- To demonstrate concern for customer expectations and needs
- To take all relevant details into account to ensure that a task is completed to required standards
- Focuses ones efforts on discovering and meeting the customers or clients needs
- Depth of understanding on tax related issues
- The appropriate use of SARS Systems and methods to convert, store, protect, process, transmit and retrieve information
- Recognises the importance of relationships as a fundamental business resource and makes attempts to build and maintain solid working
- Clear knowledge and application of organisational administrative activities
- Applies concepts of knowledge and skill and requires guidance but not constant supervision
Your main focus will be on:
- Ensure that all walk-in inbound and outbound queries for a single tax product are promptly, effectively & efficiently answered or resolved.
- Attend to all multi-channel account enquiries received, in respect of outstanding debits, credits, penalties & interests with regards to all taxes.
- Communication of transactional outputs and queries in area of work.
- Identify problems, apply known solutions in line with procedures or guidelines and escalate unresolved problems.
- Plan and organise own work in an effective and efficient manner to reach agreed performance objectives.
- Report on transactional activity progression within set guidelines to provide timely information for decision making in area of accountability.
- Deliver on contracted performance objectives according to set procedures and agreed service level agreements.
- Embrace change initiatives and positively contribute to the success thereof within area of accountability.
- Ensure quality of work content, quick turnaround, prioritise, minimise mistakes and continuously improve quality, service and standards.
Some of the competencies we are looking for in an ideal candidate:
- Great communicator
- 2+ years experience in customer service
- Tertiary qualification an added advantage
- Multi-task like a pro
- Great business English both written and spoken
- Be highly efficient on a computer (essential)
- Fast learner
- Creative and forward thinking (takes initiative) while being able to work in a highly scripted and monitored environment
- Logical approach to problem solving (root cause analysis)
- Assertive and confident in their own decisions – this includes dealing with difficult customers, but being professional about it at all times
- Great team player – you need to be willing to jump in and assist when/where needed
- Attention to detail
- Comply with and adhere to identified governance and compliance standards and escalate problems for investigation and resolution.
- Develop productive working relationships with team members, Ops Managers and key role players in the business to support contracted work outputs.
- Drive own performance and development in order to achieve and improve on work outputs in line with required response time, quality and service delivery standards.
- Continuously assess own performance, seek timely and clear feedback and request training where appropriate.
- Adhere to specified policies, standards, legislation and procedures to prevent wastage on resources, unauthorised expenditure and wasteful expenditure and report violations.
- Ensure own understanding and adherence to customer service delivery in order to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Contribute to a culture of service excellence, which builds positive relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service.
- Fairness and Transparency
- Stakeholder Engagement and Management
- Honesty and Integrity
- Customer Service
- Customer Relationship Management
- Service Delivery
- Administrative Support
- Tax Knowledge
- Standard operating procedure compliance
- SARS Systems Products
- Understand, follow and give instructions
The Employment Equity policy of SARS will be considered as part of the recruitment and selection process and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Successful candidates will be required to undertake an oath of secrecy, pre-employment screening and or vetting, and a declaration of private interest. The appointment is also subject to appropriate reference(s) and security clearance where applicable