PROJECT COORDINATOR AND PLANNER
DEPARTMENT: RADIO AND REGIONAL TECHNOLOGY WC
POSITION: PROJECT COORDINATOR AND PLANNER
POSITION ID: POSITION ID 60018344
SCALE CODE: SCALE CODE 404
REPORTS TO: REGIONAL MANAGER (RADIO AND REGIONAL TECHNOLOGY)
CLOSING DATE: 07 February 2022
MAIN PURPOSE OF POSITION
To effectively plan, coordinate and administer resources/ facilities as well as supporting and advising the customers in order to contribute to viable and successful Broadcast Productions.
- Provide to operational submissions to Line Manager with regard to Business Unit Strategy input in alignment with the Corporate Plan and the Target Operating Model.
- Contribute to Opex and Capex Plans
- Investigate and interpret business requirements in accordance to functional requirements, workflows and international best practises
- Capex and Opex involvement to input into the project scope development,
- Provide operational designs, risks, migration requirements, project implementations plans, integration system implementations, commissioning and workflows to deliver on functional requirements and avoid on-air disruptions
- Design operational innovative solutions and plans of in-area projects
- Proper investigation & acceptable explanation of budget for motivations
- Accurate submission of Capex & Opex inputs into departmental budget
- Opex contribution to ensure broadcast systems sustainability
- Minor Capex contributions to ensure new requirements are addressed
- Opex budget input to ensure adequate funds budgeting for future Financial Fiscal
- Actively pursue revenue streams from external clients and promote revenue objectives of all internal clients.
- Promote specialised skills within the region ensuring alternative Revenue Streams, eg CD Artists Recording, Font of House, Webinars, External Live Broadcasts, etc as per external tariff list
- Designing fit-for- purpose innovative operational solutions in consultation with Digital Partners to create resolutions
- Agreed % of targets met; Agreed % of resources, equipment and facility availability
- Above average rating of SLA
- Submission of ad-hoc incidence fault reports and resolutions to line manager as required
- Contribute to service delivery standards and guide the team to achieve them
- Accurate monthly reporting on deliverables (broadcast, recording, production and post production), non-conformance & flagging of potential risks with provided solutions/mitigations
- Ensure fault reports in order to safeguard department facilities, equipment functional and shortfalls are adequately addressed
- Prevention of re-occurring faults and less than agreed fault target
- Daily shift and monthly reporting of faults, tasks, risks, red flag escalations and status progress of deliverables
- Full and comprehensive understanding of all broadcast genres
- Outside Broadcast Productions (Sport, SONA, etc)
- ENG for News (with Live view) and Outside Broadcasts
- CPO/Music/Big Band Recordings and Broadcasts
- Production/Post Production
- Live Studio Broadcasts
- Broadcast communication conferencing with multi-layer contributions
- Accurate determination of resource capacity to maximise utilisation & revenue generation during broadcast productions.
- Reconciling of quotations, cost and attendance registers with project budget during broadcast productions
- Accurate documented cost/ resource inputs for inclusion in project quotes.
- Detailed project plans in line with Broadcast Technology Standards.
- Updated project status on booking system (ScheduAll).
- Proper documented liaison/ communication with key stakeholders to ensure well -coordinated and aligned broadcast productions
- Accurate project administration in line with relevant SOP.
- Production overseer in line with Project Plan & booking system (Schedule All).
- Accurate reflection of projects status on the booking system (Schedule All) at all times
- Monitor/follow up of documented feedback from Team/ Stakeholders to accurately and in time identification of resource requirements.
- Documented dissemination of information regarding project changes to all relevant stakeholders
- Complete records on all projects correspondence to be easily retrievable/ accessible.
- Realistic inputs into project budgets in accordance with projects/ customer requirements.
- Proper planning, coordination and scheduling of resources in order to reducing spending.
- Accurate monitoring of cost and authorization prior to expense
- On- going monitoring and ensuring production success
- Gather and document sufficient detail information in order to accurately identify customer requirement
- Proper documented liaison/communication with the Team/s to ensure inputs of key stakeholders and resource capability
- Accurate records keeping & storage as per the SABC policies.
- Contribute to procurement of correct digital solution in line with customer requirements & Company Procurement policy & procedures
- Escalate Risk findings reported with corrective treatment plans
- Monitor adherence to OHS and compliance with SABC Company Policies & Procedures
- Maintain discipline in accordance with company policies & procedures
- SOP developments to ensure broadcast sustainability and business continuity
- Contribute to a working Disaster Recovery Plan for the facilities/ section to manage all potential broadcast failures
- Provide relevant information to line manager on both external and internal auditor findings
- Resolve and implement internal and external Audit recommendations
- Operational SCM support for project process (Bid Specification Committee , Bid evaluation Committee and Bid Adjudication Committee) as subject matter expert
- 95% of assets verified annually
- Effective control and management of all assets falling within area of control and outside broadcasts.
- Customers served in operational proficient, friendly and helpful manner
- Monitor compliance of services rendered with customer request and address non-conformance
- Operational assistance & guidance to customers regarding capability of facilities and to provide best operational options
- Attended resolutions to customer requests/ complaints
- Expert support and advice of customers re facilities, workflows and operations
- Internal and external client liaison regarding operational broadcast compliance
- Represent divisions at internal and external meetings
- Compliance with performance management policies and procedures
- Performance agreements with manager annually
- Formal reviews conducted with manager and documented as per deadlines (Quarterly)
- Individual operational training , coaching and mentoring conducted on an ongoing basis to meet individual team members needs
- Technical Operational training in accordance with SABC best practice
- Guide individual with Career Development Plan (CDP)
- 3 year National Diploma (S4/T3) in Electrical Engineering (Light Current, Communications, Computer Studies or Information Technology) (NQF6)
- Sound Engineering Certificate Diploma (3 years) (NQF Level 6) or & Film / Video Technology / Production Course / Relevant Qualifications
- Project Management Certificate
- Pro Tools 10 or higher: PT101, PT110, PT201, PT210
- IT Certification (A+ or relevant courses)
- RAB 1-6
- Final Cut Pro or relevant Video Editing Qualification
- Business Administration Certificate
- Exposure in relevant fields such as music production, production planning, finance and administration and OB environment.
- Driver’s License: C1 (Code 10) with PDP
- Physical attributes: Excellent hearing and eyesight (no colour blindness). Physical able
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team and lead the team if required.
- Proficiency in MS Office, i.e Excel , Word, Outlook and Powerpoint.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle conflict
- Willingness to work irregular hours and shifts to sustain 24/7 on air facility environment
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in broadcast environment, minimum of 3 years as Senior level with relevant experience in Digital Sound and Video within live, production and post production environment .
- Digital Broadcast principals for both Radio and TV
- Analogue Broadcast principals for both Radio and TV
- ENG Camera/ Video principals for News
- First line maintenance of all equipment
- Ability to develop, setup and perform emergency procedures and troubleshooting (SOP)
- Ability to design and implement contingencies, back –up plan and develop their implementations
- Understand fault bypass for direction on –air emergencies and resolutions
- In-depth understanding and application of broadcast and production television fundamentals, including analogue and digital, radio and television systems, metadata, audio and video(DTT. OTT and VOD Impact)
- Programming multi-layered digital sound checks for various live and production modes
- Facilitate Broadcast Operational training
- Using expert knowledge of broadcast chain to design, plan and manage outside broadcasts for all Broadcast requirements
- Operations of broadcast equipment
- Programming virtual switching software to route all audio and video signals
- Operational administration, eg report writing, shift reports, fault reports
- Analyse broadcast operation faults and engage Technicians for a comprehensive pre- emptive resolution
- Expert knowledge, experience, and skills pertaining to the digital systems within the broadcast environment, involving Broadcast Media Servers, Studios, Non- Linear Craft Editing, Tape Machines and Quality Control Systems, automation systems, integrations between systems, On- Air Playout and Graphics systems.
- An comprehensive understanding of analogue and digital audio visual , radio, television, broadcast and transmission standards, file and streaming formats and acquisition formats.
- Ability to configure operational setup, test and operate all relevant broadcast equipment (both analogue and digital)
- Advanced Knowledge of digital network and distribution LAN topology
- Advanced ability to innovatively use broadcast equipment beyond its scope of use to provide a comprehensive broadcast experience ( out of the box thinking)
- Ability to coordinate, plan and setup contingencies and apply back- up plans and develop their implementations, within the digital broadcast environment to ensure reduced on – air failures
- Expertly harness advanced level of trouble shooting principles within an operational environment to pre- emptively resolve broadcast failures
- Understand and contribute to workflow and technical drawings for studio and OB Technical Designs.
- Provide functional advice and support to users in order to assist in production/ broadcast best practice and reduce downtime / improve service quality
- Competent transfer of identified skills & knowledge in accordance with job mentoring best practice.
- Ability to develop and facilitate training materials, procedures and train operators/ users in the proper use of hardware or software.
- Ongoing and accurate identification of development needs In line with latest production/ broadcast developments.
- Ability to translate technical terms, workflows and provide support, advice and consultation to clients, in order to provide operational solutions.
- Ability to maintain close working relationships with internal and external service providers and OEM, in order to ensure optimal delivery on operational innovations, needs and requirements.
- Ability to plan and implement projects on operational issues.
- Contribute and provide Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans
- Advanced knowledge, experience & understanding of broadcast facility design, system integrations aligned with international best practices
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant Company policies & procedures