DEPARTMENT: Social Development
BRANCH: Targeted Beneficiaries Unit
DESIGNATION: Operational Manager: Women and Elderly
REMUNERATION: R28 456,44 pm (basic salary, excluding benefits)
LOCATION: 118 Jorissen Street, Traduna Building, Braamfontein
• BA Degree in Social Science/Development Studies/Gender Studies;
• 3 – 4 years experience of which 3 years should have been in Women and/or Elderly
programmes or have worked with vulnerable groups;
• Valid Driver’s License.
Manage implementation and facilitate Women and Elderly Programmes to ensure
efficient and qualitative service delivery.
Key Performance Areas:
• Plan and manage the implementation of Women and Elderly Programmes and Projects;
• Ensure compliance with Social Development Policies and other relevant Policies;
• Decision-making on staff discipline.
• Computer literacy (MS Office, or especially Word and Excel);
• Communication skills;
• Presentation skills;
• Project Management’
• Good leadership background.
• Management and implementation of women and elderly programmes/projects knowledge;
• Knowledge of Local Government, policies and procedures.
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will be considered. The City of
Johannesburg applies the principles of employment equity as per National legislation and policy
guidelines and will consider designated groups in line with these requirements.
Please take note that only online applications will be considered. Please apply by using the following link below:
APPLY ONLINE VIA: www.joburg.org.za
Contact Person: Johannes Mofokeng
Tel No: 011 407 6736
CLOSING DATE: WEDNESDAY, 29 JUNE 2022
Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of appointment/response is received
within six (6) weeks of the closing date, they must accept that their application was
unsuccessful. By submitting your application for a position at the City of Johannesburg, you
are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used
for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection and related process.