DEPARTMENT: Social Development
BRANCH: Management Support Unit
REMUNERATION: R15 660,30 pm (basic salary, excluding benefits)
LOCATION: Metropolitan Centre, 158 Civic Boulevard, Braamfontein
- Grade 12/Matric (NQF level 4);
- 6 – 12 months of previous experience operating within a similar high-impact environment, e.g. Government Office.
Ensure frontline services and administrative support for the Social Development Department, managing all incoming telephones, faxes and emails. Welcome all visitors
to the Social Development Directorate and direct them to the offices of the officials they are visiting.
Key Performance Areas:
- Manage all visitors as they arrive and establish their needs so as to direct them to the appropriate section and give assistance;
- Manage and maintain a neat and tidy workstation and reception area to establish a good corporate image;
- Manage all incoming correspondence and ensure its appropriate distribution using available correspondence and tracking systems;
- Manage certain incoming telephone calls and ensure that the caller is directed to the correct official; manage all messages left for staff members and ensure the distribution thereof, using the email system;
- Manage the maintenance and repair of all electronic equipment associated with this function;
- Maintain a centralized electronic diary system for the boardrooms and consultation rooms;
- Assist all Social Development Units with secretarial and administrative duties as and when the need arises;
- Sort and file documents, whilst maintaining a filing system;
- Organise catering/refreshments etc. for the visiting delegation s and related functions as may be directed by members of the management team;
- Provide excellent service to the visitors to the department;
- Manage and maintain integrated frontline systems to All channels of communication with Social Development and the team located there.
- Computer literacy (MS Office, Outlook);
- Office Administration;
- Basic international protocol;
- Communication/liaison skills;
- Planning and organizing;
- Assertive in handling activities, achieving results, friendly and helpful.
- Ability to work in a team.
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will be considered. The City of
Johannesburg applies the principles of employment equity as per National legislation and policy
guidelines and will consider designated groups in line with these requirements.
Please take note that only online applications will be considered. Please apply by using the
following link below:
APPLY ONLINE VIA: www.joburg.org.za
Contact Person: Ronewa Malisha
Tel No: 011 407 7636
CLOSING DATE: WEDNESDAY, 29 JUNE 2022
Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of appointment/response is received within six (6) weeks of the closing date, they must accept that their application was
unsuccessful. By submitting your application for a position at the City of Johannesburg, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used
for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection and related process.