DEPUTY DIRECTOR: SOCIAL CRIME PREVENTION
- Reference Number : Refs/014201
- Directorate : CENTRAL CORRIDOR
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R744 255.00 per annum. An all-inclusive remuneration packages
- Enquiries : Ms. Avhatakali Nemukula Tel No: 011 689 3845 / 073 464 0234 / 066 156 6669
- Matric plus a recognised bachelor’s degree (NQF7)/ equivalent qualification in preferably Social Sciences/ Community Development or Policing as recognized by SAQA. 5-7 years’ working experience of which 3 years must be at junior management level at ASD level in Social Crime Prevention programmes or Community Development primary and secondary research. No criminal record or any cases pending against you. A valid code 08/10 driver’s licence. Knowledge and Skills: Relevant legislation and Public Service regulations. Understanding of expectations of customers. Departmental priorities. Crime patterns and causes thereof. Planning, organising, and leading a team. Problem solving. Communication. Innovative. Monitoring and evaluation skills. Report writing skills. Public speaking. Presentation skills. Public relations. Event management skills.
- Coordinate the implementation of the Social Crime Prevention strategy. Coordinate the implementation of the school safety, VAWAC and Youth Safety Strategy. Monitor and evaluate the implementation of youth safety, school safety, VAWAC and substance abuse prevention programs. Ensure effective and efficient leadership. Manage service delivery improvement. Manage human and financial resources.
- Gauteng DCS is an equal opportunity employer and gender sensitive employer, and it is its intention to promote retrospectivity in the Public Service through the filling of these posts. The Department committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity employment. In the filling of vacant posts, the objectives of section 195 (1) (i) of the Constitution of South Africa, 1996 (Act No: 108 of 1996), the Employment Equity imperatives as defined by the Employment Equity Act, 1998 (Act No: 55 of 1998) and relevant Human Resources Directives will be taken into consideration. APPLICATION: Applicants must apply online at: www.gautengonline.gov.za CLOSING DATE: 27 JUNE 2022 NOTE: Applications must be submitted on new Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents. The fully completed and signed new Z83 form should be accompanied by a recently updated, comprehensive CV (only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified copies of qualifications). Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late, will not be considered. Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (criminal record, citizenship, credit record checks, qualification verification and employment verification. The Department will not accept emailed, posted or hand delivered applications.
Employer : Department of Community Safety
Location : GAUTENG
Closing Date : 27-06-2022
|Do you have a Matric plus a recognised bachelor’s degree (NQF7)/ equivalent qualification in preferably Social Sciences/ Community Development or Policing as recognised by SAQA?|
|Do you have 5-7 years’ working experience of which 3 years must be at junior management level at ASD level in Social Crime Prevention programmes or Community Development primary and secondary research. No criminal record or any cases pending against you?|
|Do you have a valid code 08/10 driver’s license?|
How to apply
Click here to apply : https://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za/Public/Jobs.aspx