Exciting growth opportunity at small/medium audit and accounting firm for an Accounting and Practice manager in the Northern Suburbs. This is a great opportunity for an experienced and ambitious professional to join a practice with excellent potential for growth.
This firm of Chartered Accountants (SA) and Registered Auditors offer a variety of services with the aim of continuously looking for cost effective, value added solutions to their clients’ business needs.
The candidate should preferably be an AGA(SA), PA(SA) or CA(SA) with the intention of a long term commitment. The manager will, in summary, have the following responsibilities:
Managing (including billing) a client portfolio consisting of individual taxpayers, companies, close corporations and trusts for which they provide the services.
Duties & Responsibilities
Overall supervision of the practice, reporting to the partner. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage and supervise permanent and SAIPA and SAICA staff to achieve set goals
- Provide daily assistance, guidance and training with regards to bookkeeping, payroll, related taxes and SARS submissions
- Perform monthly bookkeeping, management accounts and payroll for clients
- Responsible for budgeting and meeting set targets for the department as a whole
- Writing up of more complex accounting records of clients on Pastel
- Preparing accounting work relating to annual financial statements
- Examine, analyse, and interpret accounting records to prepare financial statements (IFRS and IFRS for SME’s)
- Responsible for calculating VAT, PAYE and other necessary SARS requirements on a monthly basis
- Reviewing work done by supervised staff before partner review, where applicable
- Issuing billings relating to work done and reviewing all billings done by the bookkeeping department
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Manage resourcing and plotting of staff members on audit engagements.
- Perform billings and manage WIP.
- Performance management of staff members including, continuously providing feedback to staff.
- Provide technical assistance to staff members (where required).
- Maintain excellent client relationships.
- Qualified AGA(SA), PA(SA) or CA(SA).
- Completed articles with supervisory experience.
- Experience with CaseWare.
- Initiative / pro-activity.
- Team leadership.
- Ability to develop talent.
- Adherence to principles and values.
- Writing and reporting skills.
- Information gathering and problem analysis skills.
- Able to demonstrate and exercise sound judgment skills.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Quality and detail orientation.
- Customer focused.
- Able to work and cope under pressures and deal with setbacks.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Results driven and able to achieve work goals and objectives.
- R25k to R45k pm, depending experience
HOW TO APPLY
- Ensure you meet all the requirements
- Complete all the requested information below
- Remember to attach your CV
- Once your application has been made, you will receive a generic e-mail to confirm the receipt of your application
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Should you not be contacted by a consultant within 2 weeks, please consider your application as unsuccessful.