ASSISTANT MANAGER NURSING PNA-7
- Reference Number : refs/008466
- Directorate : NURSING
- Number of Posts : 10
- Package : R562 800.00- R652 437 per annum (plus benefits)
- Enquiries : Ms. Mafisa FF 012 529 3873/3575
- Basic R425 Qualification i.e. Diploma /Degree in Nursing Qualification that allows Registration with the SANC as a Professional Nurse. Registration with the SANC as professional nurse .Proof of current registration as professional nurse. A minimum of 8 years recognisable experience in Nursing after Registration as a Professional Nurse with the SANC in General Nursing. At least 3 years of the period referred to above must be appropriate /recognisable experience at management level
- Demonstrate an in depth understanding of Nursing legislation and related legal and ethical nursing practices and how this impacts on service delivery. Ensure that the clinical nursing practice by the nursing team is rendered in accordance with the scope of practice and nursing standards as determined by the relevant health facility. Promote quality of nursing care as directed by the professional scope of practice and standards as determined by the relevant health facility. Demonstrate a basic understanding of Human Resources and Financial Management Policies and Practices. Demonstrate a basic understanding of the legislative framework governing the public service. Demonstrate effective communication with supervisors, other health professionals and support services personnel and junior colleagues, including more complex report writing when required. Ability to direct a multi-disciplinary team at to ensure good nursing care at area/facility level. Work effectively and amicably at management level with persons of diverse intellectual, cultural, racial or religious differences. In depth knowledge of nursing, Nursing Strategy, Ideal Hospital Framework and develop quality improvement plan where gaps were identified and implement the QIP. Able to manage own work and that of units reporting to the post and to ensure appropriate interventions to enhance nursing services at/ facility level. Able to developing and maintaining a nursing service environment that promotes the rights of patients, advocating and facilitating proper treatment and care and ensuring that the principles of Batho Pele are adhered to. Able to develop contacts, build and maintain a network of professional relation in order to enhance service delivery. Must have a Basic Computer Skills and demonstrate the required computer literacy to adequately manage information according to the requirements of the facility. Be ready to work shifts including night shifts when a need arises. Able to plan, maintain and control the nursing services budget for the area/facility.
- NB: CLOSING TIME WILL BE 12H00 ON THE CLOSING DATE. The Provincial Government of Gauteng is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity in employment, especially of race, gender and disability. Applications must be submitted on a new updated Z83 form obtainable from any Public Service Department or from the website and must be completed in full, failure to do so will result in your application being not considered. Recently certified copies of qualifications, ID copy and a CV must be attached. The specific reference must be quoted.Applications can be delivered to: Dr. George Mukhari Academic Hospital, 3111 Setlogelo Drive, Ga-Rankuwa, 0208 Nurses Home Block 13(HR Registry) or posted to: Dr. George Mukhari Academic Hospital, Private Bag X422, Pretoria 0001 or Apply online at www.gautengonline.gov.za.It is legislative requirement that all newly appointed staff members are subjected to Personnel Suitability Check(PSC)- Verification, upon appointment within the department. This verification processes entails reference checks, identity verification, qualification verification, criminal records checks. Successful candidates will be subjected to OHS medical surveillance as required by HBA regulations within OHS Act 85 of 1993.
Employer : Department of Health
Location : DR GEORGE MUKHARI ACADEMIC HOSPITAL
Closing Date : 31-08-2021
|Do you have current registration with SANC?|
|Do you have 8 years recognisable experience in Nursing after registration as Professional Nurse which 3 years is in Management level?|
|Do you have Diploma/ Degree in Nursing that allows registration with SANC as a Professional Nurse?|
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.