ASSISTANT MANAGER NURSING PNA7
- Reference Number : refs/009023
- Directorate : HIV/AIDS/STI/TB (HAST)
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R 562 800.00 – R 652 437.00 per annum (plus benefits)
- Enquiries : Matron L Rose 011 470-9033
- Minimum Qualifications: Basic Qualification accredited with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) in terms of Government Notice 435 (i.e. diploma/degree in nursing) or equivalent qualification that allows registration with the SANC as a Professional Nurse. Proof of current registration with SANC as Professional Nurse. A minimum of (eight) 8 years appropriate/recognizable experience in nursing after registration as Professional Nurse with SANC in General Nursing. At least 3 (three) years of the period referred to above must be appropriate/recognizable experience at management level. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the HIV/AIDS/STI and TB (HAST) Department. Strong leadership skills, good communication and writing skills. Problem solving, conflict resolution skills, able to work under pressure. Sound inter relationship is necessary in understanding of National Core Standards. Nursing Strategy, Performance Management, Labour relations and other related legislative framework. HIV/TB /STI Guidelines and the 90/90/90 strategy. Basic computer skills.
- Delegate, supervise and coordinate the provision of effective and efficient patient care through adequate nursing care. Initiate and participate in health promotion to ensure consistent communication of relevant, accurate and comprehensive information on the progress of the HIV /AIDS STI and TB program. Develop/establish and maintain constructive working relationship with nursing and other stakeholders (i.e. inter-sectoral and multidisciplinary teamwork) including development partners, sub-district, district and provincial partners. Participate in the analysis, formulation and implementation of nursing guidelines, practices and procedures including the multidisciplinary team (i.e. administration staff and counsellors). Develop plans to meet targets set to meet the 2030 Strategy for HIV/TB and the 95/95/95 Targets. Actively participate in weekly reports and verify all reports for the HAST program on a weekly and monthly and quarterly basis and ensure that they are submitted on time. Attend all HAST related meetings both internally and externally and hospital management meetings. Update SOP’ relevant to HAST. Manage effective utilization and supervision of human, financial and material resources. Coordination of provision of effective training and research. Maintain professional growth/ethical standards and development of self and subordinates.
- Applications should be submitted on a duly completed new Z83 form (the old form is outdated and will not be considered) with an updated CV attached. Certified copies of ID, Matric Certificate, SANC Registration and qualifications should also be attached (certification should not be more than six months old). Smart ID Cards must be photocopied on both sides. Failure to submit all requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Applications should be forwarded to Rahima Moosa Mother and Child Hospital, Admin Building, Cnr. Fuel and Oudtshoorn Street, Coronationville or be posted to Private Bag X20, Newclare 2112. It is a legislative requirement that all newly appointed staff members be subjected to Personnel Suitability Checks (PSC) – verification, upon appointment within the Department. This verification process entails reference checks, identity verification, qualifications verification, criminal record checks as well as a credit/financial stability check. Successful candidates will be subjected to OHS medical surveillance as required by HBA regulations within the OHS Act 85 of 1993. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
Employer : Department of Health
Location : RAHIMA MOOSA MOTHER AND CHILD HOSPITAL
Closing Date : 23-06-2021