Great opportunity for a Bookkeeper/Accountant to join a small/medium audit and accounting firm at their offices in Bellville.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in an accounting practice environment, relevant accounting certifications and a willingness to commit long term to the firm.
This firm of Chartered Accountants (SA) and Registered Auditors offer a variety of services with the aim of continuously looking for cost effective, value added solutions to their clients’ business needs. The firm is committed to provide an exceptional personal service with a personal approach.
The candidate will be responsible for the full accounting function and related duties for their clients. They are looking for ethically sound candidates, wanting to perform tasks the right way first time round and someone who wants a long-term career at the firm.
The firm is committed to provide an exceptional personal service with a personal approach.
- Client liaison.
- Monthly accounting and processing up to trail balance.
- Monthly bank reconciliations.
- Monthly journal entries.
- VAT reconciliations (assistance with income tax and provisional tax submissions).
- Responsible for calculating VAT, PAYE and other necessary SARS requirements on a monthly basis.
- Preparation of year end schedules to support the preparation of annual financial statements as well as other admin duties.
- Payroll preparation.
- Sorting and filing of financial records.
- Degree/Diploma/Certificate in Accounting will be an advantage.
- Qualified by experience will also be considered.
- SAICA or SAIPA articles preferred.
- 2+ years bookkeeping experience, preferably in practice.
- Payroll experience will be an advantage.
- Computer Literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel).
- Experience in VAT, PAYE and Income tax (SARS returns).
- Excellent Afrikaans & English communication skills.
- Detail orientated.
- Work efficiently under pressure.
- Own transport.
- Deadline driven.
Salary – R12 to R18k, negotiable and depending on experience.
HOW TO APPLY
- Ensure you meet all the requirements
- Complete all the requested information below
- Remember to attach your CV
- Once your application has been made, you will receive a generic e-mail to confirm the receipt of your application
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Should you not be contacted by a consultant within 2 weeks, please consider your application as unsuccessful.