Divisional Head Strategic Planning- ERWM19004 – (2100004T)
Position: Divisional Head: Strategic Planning
Workplace: Edenvale CCC, Cnr Hendrik Potgieter & Van Riebeeck Street
Department: Environmental Resources and Waste Management
Salary: R1 189 807 – R1 418 415 per annum (TCTC)
Key performance areas:
- Facilitate the departments direction and develop plans and SDBIP to realize the environmental objectives in line with the approved IDP of the City
- Analysing the IDP to identify key priorities and focal performance areas as well as the associated risk
- Assess the department’s operational and strategic performance by conducting performance analysis, preparing reports and evaluating current performance trends
- Facilitate performance evaluation, monitoring and reporting by managing development and implementation of monitoring systems for departmental performance indicator and standards, including ensuring data quality and compliance with internal and external audit requirements.
- Coordinating climate change strategy for the city and facilitating environmental awareness programmes
- Facilitate the participation in research and benchmarking processes and programmes such as those coordinated by South African Local Government Association, Cities Network, C40 Cities Network and other key players
- Facilitate the development and implementation of effective and innovative public awareness and environmental education programs
- Identifying, assessing and managing governance risk and compliance practices and processes as determined by stakeholders and legislatives requirements.
- Compile portfolio of evidence to measure the achievement against the SBIP indicators and targets.
- Bachelor degree in Economics or Agricultural Economics or relevant equivalent NQF level 7
- Honours degree in Economics or Agricultural Economics will be an added advantage
- 8 years’ relevant management experience in a similar environment, of which at least 4 years must have been at Senior Management level
- Must be willing to work overtime
- Strategic leadership skills
- Accountability and ethical conduct
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Operational financial management skills
- Knowledge and information management skills
- Ability to think independently and strategically
- Willing to travel extensive within and outside CoE
Enquiries: Tel: Natasja Havenga (011) 999 6356.
Note: The successful candidate who does not have the NQF Level 5 Finance Management qualification will be required to obtain it within 18 months, in terms of the National Treasury Requirement.
Appointments will be made on a 5 (five) year fixed term and will be subject to the signing of an employment contract, performance agreement and disclosure of financial interest. Candidates will be subjected to relevant competency assessment as well as security clearance / vetting processes.
Applications will not be considered if the necessary copies of the required qualifications, identity documents, driver’s license (if applicable) and current professional registration (if applicable), are not attached to the application / CV. Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The City of Ekurhuleni subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act and reserves the right to appoint, not appoint or to appoint laterally.
: South Africa-Gauteng-Corporate
: Parks & Cemeteries ERWM Division
: 20-Jun-2021, 12:00:00 AM