We are looking for a candidate with the skill to build, extend and maintain our accounting processes and management, thereby managing our financial risk, while also working with the CFO and Board of Directors to build the business.
This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled and experienced Financial Manager to join a fast growing, dynamic and diverse company based in the Northern Suburbs of Cape Town. For the right candidate there are excellent growth opportunities with prospects of moving into a chief financial officer or even board positions.
The company provides professional business services, solutions and equipment to a diverse client base across South Africa.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified Chartered Accountant with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role post articles. Non-CA candidates with related qualifications and solid and applicable industry experience will also be considered. Experience in the services, IT, technology sectors will be an advantage.
The functions, duties and responsibilities listed below are not exhaustive and the Financial Manager will also be required to perform other duties, which may not be included herein, as required from time to time or as is consistent with this position.
- Manage the full finance function of the Company, including all aspects of the business involving financial matters.
- Assume responsibility for the overall integrity and operation of both the financial reporting for the company.
- Supervise and review the work of the AR and AP clerks.
- Oversight and continuous assessment of all finance processes.
- Bring accounting books to final trial balance stage.
- Accounting function including reviewing and capturing of source documentation.
- Includes some complex transactions.
- Reconciliation of Balance sheet accounts.
- Analysis of various reports required by management e.g. Gross Profit, commissions etc.
- Inter-company loan reconciliations.
- Compilation of management accounts and reporting to management in terms of IFRS for SME’s.
- Weekly Cash Flow Forecasting.
- Take ownership of annual Budget process.
- Preparation and management of payroll process.
- Completion of statutory returns i.e. VAT, EMP, EE, WSP, etc
- Calculation of Provisional tax.
- Manage relationship with financial institutions.
- Liaising with SARS and financial institutions.
- Management of annual audit and liaison with auditors.
- Co-ordination of secretarial requirements with auditors.
- Co-ordination of income tax requirements with auditors.
- Ad hoc requests from management.
- PA(SA), AGA(SA), CIMA or CA(SA) will be a distinct advantage
- Degree in Accounting / Finance
- Completed SAICA/SAIPA/CIMA articles
Experience and skills
- 3+ years’ post articles experience in a similar role.
- Advanced computer literacy: Microsoft Office (especially Excel), Sage Evolution, Sage Intelligence, Sage Payroll
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of accounting principles.
- Excellent degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent Time management and able to meet strict deadlines.
- Cope well under pressure and advanced ability to multitask.
- Managing several short turnaround requests, high workload and often conflicting priorities.
- Willing to take initiative to deliver results.
- Commercially minded.
- Professional communication skills.
- Good Interpersonal skills and ability to work within a small team.
- Hands-on approach and problem-solving abilities.
- Advanced critical-thinking.
- Comfortable interacting with external clients and suppliers at senior level.
- Strong Leadership qualities.
- Experience in managing a finance team.
- R50,000 – R70,000 CTC pm, depending on experience and qualification
HOW TO APPLY
- Ensure you meet all the requirements
- Complete all the requested information below
- Remember to attach your CV
- Once your application has been made, you will receive a generic e-mail to confirm the receipt of your application
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Should you not be contacted by a consultant within 2 weeks, please consider your application as unsuccessful.