We are currently recruiting for a suitably qualified and experienced Fireman Technician to join our team.
Support and co-ordinate Fire and Emergency Systems management, facility improvements and administration within the Personnel Services environment.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Providing Fire operational services by extinguishing and preventing fires
- The handling of hazardous material incidents and support hazmat off-loading
- Render assistance during medical emergencies
- Inspect and maintain fire equipment
- Conduct routine internal audits and inspection and log findings on CCAR
- Regular internal communication at all levels by way of routine meetings
- Ensure Legal Safety Compliance Implementation and tracking
- General office administration including administering of RQ’s, invoices, PR’s, reconciliation of documents, etc.
- Ensure security and fire equipment are maintained as per PM’s and are closed as per schedule. Raise CM’s where required.
- Ensure Fire Bulletin Compliance through annual Third-party Audit and minimize recommendations
- Responsibility for regular checks and maintenance on Pump Houses and Fire Articulation System
Performance Measures / Success Criteria
- Know and have a passion for our business and our customers
- Have a continuous improvement philosophy and practice
- Build strong relationships/be a team player/develop ourselves & others
- Show initiative, courage, integrity and good corporate citizenship
- Improve quality, safety and sustainability
- Have a can do, find a way attitude and emotional resilience
- Hold ourselves and others responsible and accountable for delivering results and satisfying our customers
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Computer literacy
- Conduct injury and incident Investigation (as per Risk Assessment)
- Excellent planning & organizing skills
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Reliable & Pro – Active
- Self-motivated / self-starter
Qualifications / Experience
- Diploma in Safety Management
- Fire Fighter I & II (NFPA 1001)
- Ambulance Emergency Assistant with valid HPCSA registration Is a recommendation.
- Code EB driver’s license