Joburg Theatre Careers- City of Johannesburg Metropolitan Municipality Vacancies 2021 Current Government Vacancies in City of Johannesburg Metropolitan Municipality
PERMANENT POSITION (EXTERNAL)
STRATEGIC SUPPORT MANAGER: JCT (Ref: SSMJCT/21)
Basic Salary: R524 209.44 per annum
Joburg City Theatres (JCT) an entity of the City of Johannesburg (COJ), operates Joburg Theatre (Braamfontein), Roodepoort Theatre and Soweto Theatre in order provide the integrated management of world class theatre venues and a high quality entertaining, innovative and inclusive programme which serves diverse communities.
The successful applicant will be a member of the JCT Management Committee and report directly to a centralised governance unit for Joburg City Theatres, located at Joburg Theatre in Braamfontein.
The Strategic Support Manager position is available for goal-orientated individual who will be responsible for support services to the Executive Management and the Board in strategy formulation, business planning & reporting.
Purpose of role:
The Strategic Support Manager is required to effectively coordinate administrative support activities and manage relationships with internal and external departments. This role also requires building and maintaining relationships with the City of Joburg departments to ensure the smooth flow of information and correspondence between the relevant offices.
• Coordinate business planning processes, development and ensuring alignment of the company’s strategy to the shareholder’s priorities • Coordinate department plans, scorecards alignment to business plan • Coordinate and oversee the tracking and monitoring of strategic objectives and budgets • Compiling and preparation of shareholder reports in accordance with Municipal Finance Management Act (MFMA) and other relevant legislation • Provide guidance on the quality of information submitted and ensure that information submitted is complete and accurate • Collect, collate and store performance information evidence in line with the approved Standard Operating Procedures • Provide an effective and comprehensive administration support service to Executive Management by developing and implementing communication and administrative processes and systems • Participate in various meetings (shareholder, internal and external forums) on behalf of the company and give feedback timeously and providing comments /opinions on matters affecting or concerning JCT • Have an integrated view of all calendar entries/ events across the city (corporate calendar, Executive Diaries, Meeting and event requests) and advise CEO and EXCO on priorities in this regard • Preparation of reports and documents before meetings and ensure that CEO and EXCO are briefed and have all the necessary documentation on all meetings and events ahead of time.
Education and experience required:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or Business Management
• Minimum of 10 years executive management support experience of which at least 5 years must have been at a Senior Management/Strategic level
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience compiling and managing budgets
• Previous experience in National/ Provincial/ Local Government Policy, Legislation and protocols
• Experience in business management processes, systems and approaches
• Track record of working with budgets, deadlines and awareness of resource and financial risks
• Strong team player
• Ability to work under pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
Joburg City Theatres follows employment equity principles.
Please send a cover letter and relevant, comprehensive CV in application to:
Mr Thomas Sadiki, Human Resources Manager, Joburg City Theatres
PUBLICATION DATE : 9 SEPTEMBER 2021
CLOSING DATE : 28 SEPTEMBER 2021
Only those applicants required for an interview will be contacted.