Excellent opportunity for a Junior Financial Manager to join a dynamic and diverse group of companies within the property sector.
This group of companies is on a high growth trajectory and consists of 12 group companies, 4 of which are the larger entities with high volume transactions and more complexities.
Our client is looking for a well-rounded and experienced individual with relevant sector experience, as an added advantage. The ideal candidate will be a newly qualified CA(SA), preferably with some commercial experience, with an inclination to the technical. Candidates with completed SAICA or SAIPA articles or relevant and related experience will also be considered.
Remote working options available.
To contribute to the development and implementation of the departmental accounting systems, policies and procedures. Supports the department through the collection, processing, recording, reconciliation and reporting of financial data, verifying the validity, completeness and accuracy of source documentation. Maintain complete and proper records of revenue, expenditure, assets and liabilities, and ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial information.
Candidate Profile Description and Requirements:
The ideal candidate will be someone who has the following qualifications, experience and characteristics:
- CA (SA) qualification
- AGA(SA), PA(SA), CGMA
- 1+ years post articles experience, preferably in commerce
- Property, Construction, Projects experience will be an advantage
- Knowledge of accounting systems, Omnia a distinct advantage
- Advanced computer literacy (Microsoft Office – Advanced Excel)
- Experience of Financial Modelling
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of accounting principles
- Professional/proven communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, strong analytical skills and ability to multi-task
- A top achiever
- Well-balanced individual
- Willing to take initiative to deliver results
- Strong leadership qualities
The Financial Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Supervise and review the work of the bookkeepers and admin staff
- Accounting function including reviewing and capturing of source documentation, dealing with unusual and complex transactions
- Review reconciliations of accounting records to third party statements (debtors, creditors, bank)
- Responsible for debtors and creditors management process
- Compilation of management accounts and reporting to management
- Compilation of annual financial statements
- Prepare Board Reports for quarterly meetings
- Facilitate Annual Budget process
- Cash Requirement Forecasting
- Project analysis and costing
- Profit forecasts and reports
- Preparation and management of payroll process
- Completion of statutory returns i.e. VAT, EMP, EE, WSP, BEE, etc.
- Responsible for tax reporting and submissions
- Liaising with SARS and financial institutions
- Management of annual audit and liaison with auditors
- Inter-company loan reconciliations
- CIPC document preparation, submission and amendments
- Compliance with all relevant legislations
- Ensure good corporate governance
- Review legal contracts from a commercial and finance perspective
- Provide financial and commercial input into new opportunities
- Ad hoc tasks as requested from management
- R25k – R35k pm, negotiable depending experience
- Annual 13th cheque
- Medical benefit
HOW TO APPLY
- Ensure you meet all the requirements
- Complete all the requested information below
- Remember to attach your CV
- Once your application has been made, you will receive a generic e-mail to confirm the receipt of your application
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Should you not be contacted by a consultant within 2 weeks, please consider your application as unsuccessful.