Are you interested in working in one of the largest Dynamic consumer goods company? Procter and Gamble is one of the largest FMCG (Dynamic Consumer Goods) company in the world we produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. Our aim is to select exceptional students for internship openings who are seeking developing their skills while being mentored & coached by strong P&G leaders. Upon successful completion of the Internship, you will be considered for Full-Time employment. This program is focused on enhancing your skills and giving you opportunity to gain experience in the field of procurement.
You will be part of inclusive work environment within the Purchasing Department that guarantees fair learning opportunities and challenges that will enable you to grow and develop as a supply chain professional. Your everyday work will consist of using a vast array of technical, analytical, and commercial skills which you will be coached on daily. Some of the skills you will learn during the Internship is Relationship Management, Sourcing Analytics, Sourcing Strategy development and execution. You will also have the following responsibilities during your internship.
- Build effective working relationships with internal partners from other functions like Logistics, Manufacturing and many more
- Identify and drive ideas for value creation, participating as a critical team member and driving desired results via collaboration with multi-functional team
- Driving appropriate relationships with external business partners/ suppliers to achieve the business results, support negotiations, bidding and Contract management
- Stay abreast and analyse new market and industry developments, lead thinking on demonstrating start-up ecosystem & conduct industry benchmarks
- Uncover business-building ideas and cost-saving opportunities via disruptive thinking and ideas
- Drive innovation in the supply chain area via data analysis to support business strategies
- Building and executing sourcing strategies to deliver key business needs
- Currently studying towards a post-Graduate Degree
- Based in Gauteng
- Flexibility will be provided to fulfil study requirements (attending classes, writing exams etc.)
- Require basic proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and ability to quickly adapt to new systems
- A valid drivers’ license would be an advantage
- You’re available for the internship for 6 months
- You demonstrate Critical Thinking & Leadership Skills – Ability to recognize strategic opportunities and be able to enroll others in disruptive thinking to get results