PROFESSIONAL NURSE GRADE 1 (Readvertisement)
- Reference Number : refs/009009
- Directorate : ARV CLINIC/HAST DEPARTMENT
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R 256 905,00 – R 297 825 per annum (plus benefits)
- Enquiries : Matron L Rose 011 470 9033
- Basic R425 qualification (i.e. Diploma or Degree in Nursing) or equivalent qualification that allows registration with South African Nursing Council (SANC) as a professional nurse. Current proof of registration with SANC. NIMART Training with certification is beneficial. A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the HIV field, post community service. Knowledge of all HIV and TB Guidelines and policies. HIV Clinic experience or past training will be of benefit.
- The incumbent will be responsible to provide basic nursing care to patients in the HIV Clinic. Assist with adherence counselling and interviewing of patients and caregivers. Improve quality of care by providing appropriate clinical care and participating in teaching and mentorship. Assist with all clinic activities including PICT, Index testing and training. Provide support to ward patients. Work closely with the multidisciplinary team. Reduce medical litigation by exercising good clinical ethos. Participate in data capturing and tracing of patients. Implement and monitor adherence to National Core Standards (norms and standards). Participating in all activities of the discipline in relation to teaching and research. Participate in multidisciplinary team in the management of patients. Performance of practical procedures relevant to the care of patients. Ensure that administration and recordkeeping is done in the department.
- THIS IS A READVERTISEMENT AND ALL THOSE APPLICANTS WHO PREVIOUSLY APPLIED SHOULD PLEASE RE-APPLY. Applications should be submitted on a duly completed new Z83 form (the old form is outdated and will not be considered) with an updated CV attached. Certified copies of ID and qualifications should also be attached (certification should not be more than six months old). Smart ID Cards must be photocopied on both sides. Failure to submit all requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Applications should be forwarded to Rahima Moosa Mother and Child Hospital, Admin Building, Cnr. Fuel and Oudtshoorn Street, Coronationville or be posted to Private Bag X20, Newclare 2112. It is a legislative requirement that all newly appointed staff members be subjected to Personnel Suitability Checks (PSC) – verification, upon appointment within the Department. This verification process entails reference checks, identity verification, qualifications verification, criminal record checks as well as a credit/financial stability check. Successful candidates will be subjected to OHS medical surveillance as required by HBA regulations within the OHS Act 85 of 1993. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
Employer : Department of Health
Location : RAHIMA MOOSA MOTHER AND CHILD HOSPITAL
Closing Date : 18-06-2021
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.