SENIOR OFFICER LEGAL COSTS VALIDATION T.A.S.K 12X3
SOLCV 10092021 PTA
Purpose of the Role: To supervise the assessment and finalization for bill of costs.
Key Performance Areas
Efficient and Effective Management of validation of costs
- Compile schedule for court attendance/block settlements/submission of files by Panel Attorneys.
- Compile schedule for block settlements with Plaintiff’s Attorney.
- Develop plan for efficient running of team.
- Manage distribution of work to subordinates.
- Allocate of bill of costs to subordinates.
- Booking over of files to legal cost officers.
- Evaluate bill of costs as assessed/offered.
Perform authorization of bills
- Approve or reject bills in terms of delegation of authority.
- Manage instructions to Panel Attorneys and Cost consultants to oppose taxations.
- Re-open files to facilitate payment of legal costs.
- Prepare the source documents authorized to be forwarded to finance for payment.
Perform Supervisory responsibilities
- Attend to queries from both internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage stakeholder relationships.
- Provide guidance in respect of review proceedings.
- Attend court on taxation and review proceedings.
- Provide advice and guidance to claims sections, Attorneys and Costs Consultants.
- Monitor and manage compliance with court tariffs.
- Manage referrals to Recourse and Recoveries.
- Monitor and manage compliance with RAF tariffs.
Collate and compile statistics
- Keep daily stats of activities on work allocated and work to be assessed.
- Submit Daily and monthly stats as required by Management.
- Keep record of statistics.
- Manage team performance.
- Conduct performance analysis of the team.
- Compile and maintain statistics on departmental activities for management reporting.
- Compile Monthly Reports
Ensure adherence to human resource, financial and administrative policies in the department
- Conclude performance agreements and conduct assessments with direct reports.
- Ensure that all staff in the department have performance agreement and assessments.
- Oversee fairness and consistency in performance assessments.
- Monitor submission of leave forms and implement measures to minimise staff absenteeism.
- Monitor adherence to all administrative and financial policies and take corrective steps in cases of non-compliance.
- Co-ordinate inputs into and prepare the departmental staff training requirements.
- Discipline staff.
- Perform advisory function
- Attend to queries from stakeholders pertaining to bills settled and accounts outstanding.
- Provide advice to claims sections, attorney and costs consultants.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law at NQF 7 or equivalent
- Relevant 4 years’ experience in Claims environment of which 1 year must have been on a supervisory level.
Technical and Behavioral Competencies
- Organisational resilience
- Team resilience
- Personal mastery
- Judgment and decision making
- Emotional wisdom.
- Ethics and governance.
- Customer orientation and customer focus.
- Computer Literacy.
- Communication (Written, Verbal, Listening).
- Good business acumen (resource, financial and office administration).
- Decision making skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Analytical thinking.
- Problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal Relations.
- Good organizational, administrative and time management skills.
- Team Player.
Road Accident Fund Values
Total cost to company of the minimum remuneration package applicable to this position is
R502 953.00 per annum and will be negotiable commensurate with experience.
NB: “RAF offers Total Employment Cost packages with no additional contributions from the Employer, successful candidates are required to structure their packages in a manner that will suit their needs”
Closing date: 21 September 2021
Applications can be forwarded for attention of the recruitment officer at Menlyn; e-mail address is GivenM.email@example.com or hand deliver at 38 Ida Street, Menlo Park.
INSTRUCTIONS TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS
- Indicate the name and the reference number for the position you are applying for on the subject line
- Do not submit copies of qualifications and ID as these will be requested from shortlisted candidates on the interview date
- Submit a short CV with a maxim of 5 pages
- Please indicate your current salary and salary expectations if considered for the position.
The Road Accident Fund subscribes to the principles of employment equity and preference will be given to groups who are under represented in terms of our Employment Equity Plan
- Applicants who have not received any correspondence from us within six weeks from the closing date can consider themselves unsuccessful
- Security vetting shall be conducted on all prospective employees
- It is the applicants’ responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA)and to provide proof of such evaluation.