Snr Executive Manager (Support Services) – RISK19055 – (2100004X)
Position: Senior Executive Manager: Support Services
Department: Risk Management
Division: Support Services
Salary: R1 084 834 – R1 277 290 per annum (TCTC)
- Provide strategic capability and leadership to give direction to team in realising the organisation’s strategic objectives
- Ensure operational processes to implement good governance and apply risk knowledge and skills within the parameters of prescribed regulatory and best practice framework for good corporate governance
- Ensure governance and risk management to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation, policies, processes and resolutions and minimize risk
- Oversee financial process ensuring compliance with financial controls as contemplated in the MFMA
- Customer service orientation ensuring sound relations with the customer in relation to governance and compliance activities
- Optimize people management to provide meaningful context, setting performance standards in order to enhance productivity, capacity and high staff morale.
- Optimise the quality of Risk Management function through the annual Risk Management Plan, Quality reviews of reports, tracking of planned Risk Management activities as well as the tracking of Internal/External Audit Findings
- Provide the full spectrum of support to the Risk Management Committee, through compilation of reports to be submitted to the Risk Management Committee, Audit Committee, Oversight Committees and Council
- Compilation of calendar/workplan, Agendas, packs and minutes, and
- General liaison with Risk Committee members for coordination of all Risk Management Committee activities
- A Bachelor of Business Management (B Com) or Bachelor of Administration (BPublic) or relevant equivalent NQF Level 7 qualification
- NQF Level 5 Finance Management qualification (MFMA) in terms of National Treasury requirement will serve as an advantage
- Membership/Certification by IRMSA/ IIA/ Compliance institute/The ethics Institute
- At least 8 years’ relevant management experience, of which at least 4 years must have been as senior management level
- A valid driver’s license
Enquiries: Tel: Natasja Havenga (011) 999 6356.
Note: The successful candidate who does not have the NQF Level 5 Finance Management qualification will be required to obtain it within 18 months, in terms of the National Treasury Requirement.
Appointments will be made on a 5 (five) year fixed term and will be subject to the signing of an employment contract, performance agreement and disclosure of financial interest.
Candidates will be subjected to relevant competency assessment as well as security clearance / vetting processes.
Applications will not be considered if the necessary copies of the required qualifications, identity documents, driver’s license (if applicable) and current professional registration (if applicable), are not attached to the application / CV.
Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful.
The City of Ekurhuleni subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act and reserves the right to appoint, not appoint or to appoint laterally.
: South Africa-Gauteng-Corporate
: Departmental Support Services (RISK) Division
: 25-Jun-2021, 8:16:30 AM