TEAM LEAD FINALISATION T.A.S.K GRADE 13
Purpose of the Job: To Supervise the finalisation of files.
Key Performance Areas
- Manage data of files to be finalised where capital and costs have been paid.
- Manage data of files to be finalised where claimant died where an undertaking was issued.
- Manage data of files to be referred for management of the Undertaking.
- Manage data of fraudulent files as advised by Forensics.
- Manage data of reopened files.
- Manage data of files where interim undertakings are issued.
- Compile a schedule of files to be finalised where capital and costs have been paid.
- Reconcile the data from Treasury once payments.
- Develop plan for efficient running of team.
- Manage distribution of work to subordinates.
- Develop a template for payments outstanding.
- Conduct audits on outstanding payments.
- Liaise with the Archive Master in respect of file audit.
- Liaise with Finance and Treasury department in respect of cancelled payments.
- Attend to queries from internal stakeholders.
- Manage internal stakeholder relationships.
- Provide guidance in respect of the files to finalise.
- Provide advice and guidance to Claims sections to keep records of experts appointed.
- Liaise with Recourse and Recoveries in respect of files to be finalised.
- Monitor and manage compliance with RAF policies.
- Attend to queries from both internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage stakeholder relationships.
- Provide guidance in respect of files to be finalised.
- Provide advice and guidance to Claims sections in respect duplicate or dummy files.
- Monitor and manage compliance with RAF policies.
- Manage referrals to Recourse and Recoveries.
- Keep daily stats of activities on work allocated and work to be done.
- Submit Daily and monthly stats as required by Management.
- Keep record of statistics.
- Manage team performance.
- Conduct performance analysis of the team.
- Compile and maintain statistics on departmental activities for management reporting.
Ensure adherence to human resources, financial and administrative policies and procedures in the department
- Conclude performance agreements and conduct assessments with direct reports.
- Ensure that all staff in the department have performance agreements and assessments.
- Oversee fairness and consistency in performance assessments.
- Monitor submission of leave forms and implement measures to minimise staff absenteeism.
- Monitor adherence to all administrative and financial policies and take corrective steps in cases of non- compliance
- Co-ordinate inputs into and prepare the departmental staff training requirements.
- Discipline Staff.
- Attend to queries form stakeholders pertaining to bills settled and accounts outstanding.
- Provide advice to claim sections, attorneys and costs consultants.
Qualifications and Experience
- NQF 7 (Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma) related qualification to discipline.
- Relevant 5 years’ experience in a similar operations environment of which 2(two) years must have been on a supervisory level.
Technical and behavioral competencies required
- Organisational resilience.
- Team resilience.
- Emotional wisdom.
- Network and alliances.
- Personal mastery.
- Judgement and decision making.
- Ethics and governance.
- Customer orientation and customer focus.
- Knowledge of claims system, MVA procedures and Court process.
- Good business acumen (Resource, Financial and general management).
- Computer literacy.
- Negotiation skills.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of PFMA.
Road Accident Fund Values
Total cost to company of the minimum remuneration package applicable to this position is
R591 298 .00 per annum and will be negotiable commensurate with experience.
NB: “RAF offers Total Employment Cost packages with no additional contributions from the Employer, successful candidates are required to structure their packages in a manner that will suit their needs”
Closing date: 21 September 2021
Applications can be forwarded for attention of the recruitment officer at Menlyn; e-mail address is Thembanim.firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver at 38 Ida Street, Menlo Park.
INSTRUCTIONS TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS
- Indicate the name and the reference number for the position you are applying for on the subject line
- Do not submit copies of qualifications and ID as these will be requested from shortlisted candidates on the interview date
- Submit a short CV with a maxim of 5 pages
- Please indicate your current salary and salary expectations if considered for the position.
The Road Accident Fund subscribes to the principles of employment equity and preference will be given to groups who are under represented in terms of our Employment Equity Plan
- Applicants who have not received any correspondence from us within six weeks from the closing date can consider themselves unsuccessful
- Security vetting shall be conducted on all prospective employees
- It is the applicants’ responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) and to provide proof of such evaluation.