LOCATION: PretoriaCLOSING DATE & TIME: 12/8/2020 11:55 PM
Purpose of the Job: To manage, co-ordinate and take accountability for the merits assessment team and ensure that before files are handed over to claims determination, merits have been settled, or remains in dispute and needs to be settled via litigation.
Key Performance Areas
Perform Management and Leadership Responsibilities in the Merits Section.
- Effective and efficient supervision of sub-ordinates, Allocate work activities for Merits Team.
- Ensure implementation of continuous improvement initiatives to enhance service delivery.
- Report on the performance of the team.
- To promote good working relations with stake holders.
- Ensure adherence to corporate governance within the team.
- Effective and efficient human resource management.
- Ensure that quality assurance is performed in team.
- Identify and ensure sufficient training and development of Merits Team.
Manage Merits Claims in Determination
- Manage merits officers and ensure that daily work activities are completed.
- Approval of Offers in terms of DOA Framework.
- Ensure effective claims handling.
- Set operational goals and targets for the Merits Team.
Qualifications and Experience
- NQF 7 (Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma) related qualification to discipline.
- Relevant 5 years’ experience in Claims environment of which 2 years is on supervisory level.
Technical and behavioral competencies required
- Organisational resilience
- Team resilience
- Emotional wisdom
- Network and alliances
- Personal mastery
- Judgement and decision making
- Ethics and governance
- Customer orientation and customer focus
- Knowledge of MVA procedures and RAF Act
- Knowledge of case law
- Computer knowledge, including proficiency in MS Office Suites.
- Good understanding and a sound and practical knowledge of RAF policies, procedures and practices
- Claims Management Systems
- Stress management
- Results orientation
- Decision making
- Report-writing skills.
Total cost to company of the minimum remuneration package applicable to this position is
R591 298 .00 per annumand will be negotiable commensurate with experience.
NB: “RAF offers Total Employment Cost packages with no additional contributions from the Employer, successful candidates are required to structure their packages in a manner that will suit their needs”
Closing date: 08 December 2020
Applications can be forwarded for attention of the recruitment officer at Menlyn; e-mail address is Thembanim.firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver at 38 Ida Street, Menlo Park.
INSTRUCTIONS TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS
- Indicate the name and the reference number for the position you are applying for on the subject line
- Do not submit copies of qualifications and ID as these will be requested from shortlisted candidates on the interview date
- Submit a short CV with a maxim of 5 pages
- Please indicate your current salary and salary expectations if considered for the position.
The Road Accident Fund subscribes to the principles of employment equity and preference will be given to groups who are under represented in terms of our Employment Equity Plan
- Applicants who have not received any correspondence from us within six weeks from the closing date can consider themselves unsuccessful
- Security vetting shall be conducted on all prospective employees
- It is the applicants’ responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) and to provide proof of such evaluation.